3 Public Speaking Confidence Hacks!

How do you feel before speaking in front of a group of people?

Public Speaking Confidence Hacks by Dan lok

Nervous?
Anxious?
Maybe a little voice saying, “nobody wants to listen to my presentation?”

This is exactly how I felt back in High School when I had to deliver a speech in front of my classmates.

My knees were locked. My face was pale.
And my whole body was shaking.

However, after years of trial and error, I realized that there are 3 core “hacks” to overcome your fear of speaking in front of others.

And to help you overcome the same situation, you’re about to discover the same 3 “hacks” that helped me eliminate my stage fright and deliver successful presentations.

These simple hacks work in any situation regardless if it’s 1-to-1 or in front of dozens of people. So if you’re ready to overcome your fear of public speaking once and for all…

Here Are the 3 Hacks to Be Instantly Confident Before Giving a Speech...

#1 FOCUS ON THE AUDIENCE, NOT YOURSELF

Going back to my question before…

If you feel nervous. If you feel anxious. Or if you feel like nobody is going to listen to what you have to say. It’s because you’re focusing on yourself.

You’re thinking, “do I look good?”
“Do I sound smart?”
“What are people going to think of me?”
And that’s why you get nervous. However, you want to flip it around…

 Focus on the value you give to the audience...

Ask yourself, “What can I do to give more value?” Before I go on stage, I will do a visualization exercise. I close my eyes and picture a bright light beaming through my forehead and then my whole body.

And the light will get brighter and eventually fill the whole room with light and positive energy.

After that I think to myself…“Through my presentation today, every single person is going to walk away with some kind of value.”

Bold When you do a ritual like that, all the fear will vanish immediately...

#2 MAKE THE “SWITCH

Before I get into the second “hack”, let me ask you a question

Have you ever been to a presentation and heard somebody speak...
It could be back in school…
it could be at a seminar…
Or it could be a regular conversation with someone.

And the speaker’s energy levels are at rock bottom. How did you feel? Bored? Exhausted? Didn’t find much value?

That’s why if you want to deliver an outstanding presentation and deliver a message that the audience will find valuable…

Make The Switch

Before going on stage, I do a quick “Power Move” to instantly get high energy.

Because when you have high energy, your audience automatically has high energy.

So right before I’m introduced, I jump up and down, I bang my chest and say, “Yes!”

Your power move might be punching the air 3 times and saying, “Let’s go!”

Or it might be raising your arms in the air quickly 3 times and saying, “I’m ready!”

Or it might be raising your arms in the air quickly 3 times and saying, “I’m ready!”

You can try mine or develop your own… whatever works for you. And when you find your power move, you feel more confident and the audience will get much more value.

#3 PRACTICE

The biggest reason why most people have stage fright is because they’re afraid to deliver a boring speech.
And that comes from only one thing…
Lack of practice.


Here’s why...

 Confidence Comes From Competence

The more you practice your presentation and your communication, the more confident you are. On average, every minute you’re on stage requires about an hour of preparation.

Now, what if you’re not speaking in front of a group of people, but just want to be confident in a one-on-one situation?

It could be asking a person out on a date.
It could be at a job interview.
Or something third. You practice in front of the mirror and pretend you’re speaking to that person.

And you listen to your tonality. You watch your body language - are you sending the signals you want to send?And you practice some of the key points you want to say when you meet them.

That’s how you master the art of communication. That’s how you eliminate your fear of public speaking. And that’s how you become instantly confident in any conversation or presentation.

These 3 simple hacks are all you need.





Previous Post Next Post